So after a few months of being absent from my blog, here is a haul and wrap-up post! I read a lot of books this month and this month has been one of the busiest months yet. I am so proud of myself for prioritizing books over study (pls note the sarcasm, the obsession is killing my grades). So I thought you cheese people out there missed my hauling and wraping-up *smiles awkwardly* anyways, let’s start!
OCTOBER BOOK HAUL !!!
So I’ve managed to buy seven books in total for October and that is seriously not bad considering that I was so broke at that time and I was investing on calligraphy supplies. Well now I’m dedicated to books, no more spending on other unnecessary things! SO THE BOOKS I BOUGHT ARE:
Is It Just Me? by Miranda Hart
Tales of the Peculiar by Ransom Riggs
Holding Up The Universe by Jennifer Niven
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow Selected Poems
Sinbad the Sailor by Anon
Circles of Hell by Dante
The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe
Okay, so the month of October was a great month for reading! I read a total of seven books this month. Yus!!! I NEVER EXPECTED IT TO BE THIS MUCH!!!
SO THE BOOKS I READ ARE (starting from the latest):
- THE FRENCH IMPRESSIONIST
– probably my worst read this 2016, it was so excruciating to read but I did finish it nevertheless! Ugh, can we just not talk about this? See review HERE
- A COURT OF MIST AND FURY
– now, this is the bomb dot com! It was the most amazing book that I have ever read in my life. RHYSAND WAS SO BEAUTIFUL, IF ONLY I COULD HAVE THOSE ILLYRIAN WINGS TO MAH SELF *cries a river* SO MUCH FEELS I KENNOT EVEN COMPREHEND HOW WONDROUS THE STORY IS! See review HERE
- A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES
– this book worked it’s magic into my heart, soul, veins, brain, and basically the whole of me. I JUST CANNOT TELL YOU IN WORDS HOW GOOD THIS BOOK IS! yes, acomaf was better but acomaf wouldn’t be that great without the conflict and twists in this first book. I THANK THY FOR BEING AWESOME! See review HERE
- THE LITTLE PRINCE
– a very charming read this one is. It was very whimsical and cunning. I’ll probably re-read this soon! This book is very charming but there were repetitive comparisons that annoyed me a little. Overall, it was a good read and the ending gave me a chill and a broken heart. I’ll never look at the stars the same way ever again! See review HERE
- BLACK BEAD (review copy)
– quick paced and exciting although a little short. This is an okay beginning to a series. I would love to read on the next books. Recommended to anyone at any age who wants to get out a slump or just read a short new book from a fabulous author!See review HERE
- UNDER GROUND (review copy)
– totally a decent read for all the dystopian lovers out there. I had a mini argument with myself if I was going to give 4 or 3 stars tho. The theme, plot, characters and everything was amazing but it’s not a very memorable book for me (still hating the cover omg). But still an enjoyable read. See review HERE
- LUCKY ME (review copy)
– looking for a hot bodyguard and other hot guys? this book is for you. This was such an entertaining read although it was slow paced but very light and enjoyable. See review HERE
That is all for my October book haul and wrap-up! I hope you all enjoyed it and do let me know in the comments if you’ve read any of the books I hauled and whether you enjoyed them. Or if you have read any of my reviewed books (like acotar and acomaf) let’s fangirl in the comments below!